Our Responsibilities To Each Other
The Practice will endeavour to always offer services to our patients that comply with NHS Standards.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Health Care Team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
All matters relating to you, together with any information held on record at the Practice are treated with complete confidentiality by the Primary Care Team and its staff. The duty of confidentiality owed to a person under 16 is as great as the duty owed to any other person. All patients can expect that their personal information will not be disclosed without their permission except in the most exceptional circumstances, when somebody is at grave risk of serious harm. The practice is registered with The Information Commissioner and all your data will be treated in line with our registration under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Your rights as our patient also involve responsibilities to us:
- Please treat all surgery staff with the same respect and courtesy you would expect yourself
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself
- Tell us of any change of name, address or telephone number, so we can keep your records up to date
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency
- Please give adequate notice if you wish to cancel an appointment. Someone else could use your appointment.
- An appointment is for one person only—where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made
- Patients should make every effort when consulting the surgery to make best use of nursing and medical time—home visits should be medically justifiable and not requested for social convenience
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant’s letter or the result of any tests to reach us
- You will be advised of the usual length of time to wait
- To order repeat medication use the other side of your prescription or order via Online Access—for details of this please ask at reception
- Violent or abusive patients will not be allowed to remain on the premises, steps may be taken to remove the patient from the practice list and prosecution may be undertaken
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.