St Mary’s Patient Participation Group
Would you like to work with us to improve and expand services at the surgery?
We are hoping to create a team that will represent a diverse range of groups from across our community. Our emphasis will be on open communication and the exchange of ideas. Any patient registered with our practice is welcome to join the conversation!
Don’t worry if you cannot attend meetings as all correspondence will be conducted via e-mail. (However, there will be opportunities for the group to meet in person along with surgery representatives).
What is a Patient Participation Group (PPG)?
Every PPG is unique, and the group will determine its activities according to the needs of the community and the practice itself.
Aims of the PPG can include –
- Encouraging and empowering patients to take responsibility for their own health and developing strategies to support patients in this regard.
- Offering the patient’s perspective on the services that are provided.
- Developing and taking part in patient surveys.
- Meeting with practice staff both virtually and face-to-face to encourage open and constructive communication.
- Trialling new systems introduced by the surgery and providing feedback.
The benefits of the Patient Participation Group (PPG)
There can be many benefits for both patients and for the surgery itself such as:
- A greater understanding and knowledge amongst patients of the practice, its staff and how it operates within the structure of the NHS.
- Improved communication and relationships between patients and staff
- Increased effectiveness and efficiency from services jointly planned.
- Patient empowerment
How to Apply?
Just simply fill in the form below and we will be in touch!
For more information go to National Association for Patient Participation
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.